Research Priorities & RFPs
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP)
With funds generated through donations and fundraising events, the OTRF annually provides grants to academic researchers to improve turfgrass management, ensuring healthy grass systems for years to come.
Researchers from universities from across Canada and the northern US states who are working in turfgrass management and are seeking funding, are invited to apply for an OTRF grant.
We are now accepting applications for the next round of funding with a request for proposals closing date of November 1, 2021. Successful applicants will be notified in February, 2022 with grants available for project work starting April 1, 2022.
The OTRF Research Grant Committee will select annual research projects to fund based on the following priorities, that has been developed in partnership with key turfgrass industry stakeholders:
- A systems approach to sustainable turfgrass management.
- Turf management best practices.
- Effects of climate change on turfgrass and pests.
- Improved turfgrass species and varieties.
- Societal benefits of turfgrass.
- Economic impact of turf management decisions.
- New instrumentation, robotics, and software technologies.
- Basic research (economics, environment, playability) of synthetic turf & comparison to natural turf.
- Development and evaluation of effective alternatives to conventional pesticides.
- Nutrient management and nutrient sources.
- Water conservation and water quality.
- Emerging Pests – Improved diagnostics for new pests and turf diseases in northern climates.
- Wear tolerance, management, and recovery.
For further information contact the OTRF office.